Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Dinosaur Stomp!

If nothing else, I know my preschool boys.  I know they like zombies.  I know they like trains.  I know they like robots.  And I know they like dinosaurs! So, we've kept the dinosaur fun going for an extra week in preschool.



We've been acting like dinosaurs and stomping our speech words this week! The kids got to attach a "dinosaur foot" to one of their feet, and walk around the room stomping on their speech cards as they practiced their words! My boys L-O-V-E-D it.  They begged me to let them take the feet so they could keep the fun going at home.  I haven't tried this with my girls yet, but I'm sure they'll love it, too! 

The dinosaur stomp worked well at the single word, phrase level ("stomp a ___"), and sentence levels ("I stomped a ____" or "I'm stomping ___") for articulation practice.  You could easily adapt it for a lot of other goals, too.  Just as an example, I have concept cards from this free Dinosaur language packet by Let's Talk Speech Language Pathology that I plan on using with the dino feet for my kids working on basic concepts.  I'll tell them to stomp the dinosaur that's under the table, next to the desk, etc...

These dinosaur feet were just cut out from two sides of a cardboard box, and outlined with brown marker to give it a little something extra.  Make 4 holes in the middle and string ribbon through to tie around their feet, and you're done! Easy peasy.

What do you think? Think you could use this with your students? What other ways would you use the feet?


2 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness, this is AWESOME! I have to remember this when we do dinosaurs next year! Love it, Kari!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10